Take these shortcuts to work in Gmail faster.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: These shortcuts will help you avoid having to use your mouse in Gmail.
- Use Quick Links: Quick Links can bookmark anything in Gmail to set up quick access.
- See shortcuts: Type “?” to get a shortcut popup.
- Set up custom shortcuts: You can set up custom keyboard shortcuts through Gmail’s settings.
- Use EOM: Type “EOM” or (EOM) in the subject line of a subject-only message, and Gmail won’t ask you if you want to add text to the body.
- Shift-click: You can select multiple messages using Shift-click.
Moving & Identity
Move over to Gmail and manage your identity using these hacks.
- Change your Gmail email ID: This hack will help you find a solution for changing your Gmail ID.
- Change your From and Reply to address: Tweak these settings to show the address you want.
- Import your email: You can import mail and contacts from other email providers, and even have messages forwarded.
These hacks will help make Gmail work for you.
- Set up repetitive emails: Set up AutoHotKey HotStrings to take care of repetitive email quickly.
- Check your POP3 More Often: With this hack, you’ll be able to have Gmail check your POP3 accounts often.
- Set Gmail as your default: Go into your settings to use Gmail for Mail To links.
- Save notes in your drafts: Keep notes handy by saving them in your drafts.
- Look at the title of your web browser: You can see the number of the new emails you have by looking at the title of your web browser.
These tools can ramp up your Gmail experience.
- Resizeable Textarea: This extension will allow you to change your text area without resizing your browser window.
- Better Gmail: Better Gmail adds features like hierarchical labels, unread messages, and more.
- GMAIL Backup Tool: Backup your Gmail with these tools.
- dragdropupload: With this add-on, you can drag and drop files directly to your Gmail.
- GTDInbox for Gmail: Use this extension to use Getting Things Done productivity.
- Greasemonkey: Make use of these Gmail scripts to make everything Gmail easier.
Put these hacks to work when writing emails.
- Drag and drop: You can drag and drop attachments instead of using the attach button.
- Change your default font and styling: This hack will allow you to change the default appearance of your emails.
- Add an HTML Signature: With this hack, you’ll be able to add an HTML signature to your email.
- Forward all: You can forward an entire conversation in a single email.
- Insert images: Share screenshots and other images with this hack.
- Create a mail merge: Use this hack for a mail merge in Gmail.
- Quote selected text: In a long thread, just pull out the text you really want to respond to.
- Use canned responses: Gmail has a new feature that allows you to save email templates and insert them right into your email.
- Quickly address Gmail users: Send an email to another Gmail user just by entering their username.
- Go offline: Take Gmail offline with Labs.
- Send email from your phone: Gmail has a free IMAP sync with your phone’s email client.
With these hacks, you’ll save time in Gmail.
- Preview attachments: Make sure you actually need to download a file by previewing them first.
- See which emails are sent to you: With personal level indicators, you can find out if an email was sent to you directly.
- Right click to read: Preview any email just by right clicking on it.
- Mark unread from here: Mark messages unread from a certain point using this feature.
- Convert to HTML: You can convert PDF, Word and more to HTML just by sending them as an attachment.
- Download all of your attachments: Use this hack to download every attachment from Gmail.
- Add multiple attachments to an email: Hold down your Ctrl key or Shift to add a group of attachments to your email.
These hacks will help you use Gmail as storage.
- Scan your manuals: Create PDFs of your manuals and email them to yourself.
- Mail yourself disallowed files: Certain files are not allowed to be mailed, but you can save them in your drafts folder.
- Backup your messages: You can forward email to a different address just in case.
- Use Gmail for MP3 or Storage: Here you’ll find out how to use GMail to store your MP3 files and play them.
You can keep Gmail well organized with these hacks.
- Clean up by moving emails: Clean your inbox using Move to like folders.
- Create aliases: You can create an infinite number of + aliases for Gmail.
- Merge contacts: Use this hack to merge all of your duplicate email contacts.
- Prefix labels: Use unique characters to bring labels up to the top of alphabetized lists.
- Use Superstars: Choose between several star icons to flag your messages.
- Sort by unread: Type “in:inbox is:unread” to filter all unread messages.
- Create filters: Filter emails so you don’t have to move them to folders later.
- Archive: Tidy up your inbox and put old email into storage using archiving.
- Use stars: Indicate special emails with the help of stars.
- Manage all your email accounts: Use Gmail to manage all of your accounts at once.
- Use labels: Scan your inbox quickly using labels.
Read more from here